Joining our club is very easy – Just fill out the application form linked here and get in touch with us via the facebook page to arrange a rowing taster session.
At the moment we row every Saturday and Monday evening for 2 hours from The Lagan Lookout car park down to Stranmillis weir and back (6miles). We have a well deserved break with tea/coffee and biscuits in Stranmillis.
WHAT TO BRING:
Raincoat if it is raining, water bottle if required. Life jackets are provided.
It is open to anyone who can manage to get into the boat and pull an oar. A great activity for all, partially sighted and blind people welcome. Vulnerable adults and children MUST have a responsible adult or carer with them. It is suitable for children aged 12+. Younger children might be accepted – Just talk to us first.
You must join as a temporary member or full member. For full details, click on the application form link below:
I AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING CLUB RULES:
- There must be one experienced member present during building or rowing sessions.
- Everyone on the water is responsible for their own safety.
- All members on the water must wear a lifejacket/buoyancy aid from the moment the slip area is approached.
- The lifejacket/buoyancy aid must be worn throughout the rowing session and until leaving the slip area.
- All the boats and their ancillary equipment are carefully crafted and kept. Each member must ensure that all equipment is treated carefully at all times.
- No person is permitted to go rowing while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or other substances.
- Young children should be supervised at all times while in the area of the slip or in the boats.
- If you have a health condition or injury that may affect your ability to row, please bring this to the attention of your crew.